I’m an amusement park kind of girl so I didn’t missed Korea’s famous one, Everland. Despite the cold weather because of the rain (how lucky can I be?), we started the day early for some thrilling & jaw dropping adventures. The themed park is bigger than I’ve expected and we didn’t even finished it the whole day given that we’ve arrived there before the opening.
HOW TO GET THERE:
Go to Wangsimini Station then transfer to Giheung. From Giheung, go down to Jeondae Everland Station. Train fare is aroung KRW 2000. Outside the station, there are shuttle buses for free to the theme park.
Everland is divided into 5 different lands. We went first to Zootopia, a land where you’ll enjoy watching animals chilling in a man-made forest. The highlight of this land is to ride the bus (one open and one closed) that will tour you around the safari where the wild animals are roaming around free. It’s my first time to see a lion, tiger and a bear so close!!
European Adventure is consists of wooden houses that reminds you of old Europe and a beautiful garden that reminds me of Holland and the queen’s backyard. In here, you’ll find the world’s 4th steepest roller coaster, T Express. This is the one ride you should never missed in Everland. I enjoy anything related to heights but this one really gave me a scare that moment I’ve reached the top.
Magic Land is more of for kids. American Adventures has the remaining thrilling rides but we didn’t made it in all for we got stuck for 3 hours in T Express and 2 hours for the parade and travel video taking on the Four Season Garden. Global Fair is more of 3Ds and holograms which I didn’t had the chance to try too therefore adding more to the reasons why I need to go back.
Here’s some advices from me:
- Ride the T Express first thing in the morning to avoid the long lines during the afternoon.
- After T Express, you can now go enjoy the Zootopia.
- Then go to American Adventures after lunch. But if the waiting time in the rides here are more than 90 minutes. Go enjoy the garden first.
- Late at night, 1 hour before the closing time. You can now go back to American Adventures.
- The ride queues are the shortest 1 hour after the opening and 1 hour before the closing. So better prioritize what you want to experience.
- And of course, food is pricey inside. We were able to sneak in Mcdo burgers. I think you can try that too.